[Bf-codereview] Tiles Compositing Branch (issue 6199066)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:36:47 CEST 2012

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c
File source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c#newcode13064
source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c:13064: if
(node->type==CMP_NODE_R_LAYERS) {
For a moment here I thought this code was wrong, because it didn't go
into node groups, but it seems render layer nodes are not allowed in
node groups. Still might be good to add a comment about that exception
here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c
File source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c#newcode1447
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c:1447: {3, "NOT",
0, "Not",           ""},
Can we find a better name than "Not"? It's not clear to what such an
operation would do. Or at least fill in the tooltip then.

Also in this enum and a few others in this file, hardcoded number values
are used, while e.g. CMP_NODE_MASKTYPE_ADD is defined.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c#newcode1832
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c:1832: {0, NULL, 0, NULL,
NULL}};
More hardcoded number values.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/nodes/composite/node_composite_tree.c
File source/blender/nodes/composite/node_composite_tree.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/blender/nodes/composite/node_composite_tree.c#newcode140
source/blender/nodes/composite/node_composite_tree.c:140:
node->new_node->id= (ID *)node->id;
What is the reason for this change?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/creator/creator.c
File source/creator/creator.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/diff/6071/source/creator/creator.c#newcode1186
source/creator/creator.c:1186: OCL_init();
Could we switch this to lazy initialization when it is used for the
first time? With Cycles we've found some corrupt ATI OpenCL
installations which crashed on init, it would be good if in such cases
at least Blender itself would not immediately crash.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6199066/