[Bf-codereview] Interface for "Text" objects (bge) (issue 5504111)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:53:28 CET 2012

> The underlying issue is that you want logic bricks to access a
KX_FontObject property.
Yup.

> Is this how we want to solve the problem?
What is your suggestion?
I have a feeling that the problem arises from the combination of ob.text
and ob["Text'']. Getting rid of ob.text may solve that (originally I
proposed to have ["Text"] to ALL font objects, automatically, but then
we (Campbell and I) thought that it would be more clear to the user if
it was something he could create/delete (also code-wise this avoids a
lot of problems)

This is a hard API design issue. But, as Alex said, this may be the
least bad option.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504111/