[Bf-codereview] Interface for "Text" objects (bge) (issue 5504111)

alex.d.fraser at gmail.com alex.d.fraser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:37:59 CET 2012

On 2012/01/03 09:30:34, Moguri wrote:
> One of the main reasons for adding a dictionary interface to
KX_GameObject (and
> thus it's children) was to keep "user" properties separate than "api"
> properties.

I remember this happening, and at the time I was glad - but since then,
I have gone to a lot of effort to get this feature back. Most of my
current game and middleware relies on the ability to subclass
KX_GameObject and friends. By doing so, I can add and remove attributes,
and I do it a lot.

Still I find it useful to have the game properties separate: they are
input parameters, and things that I intend logic bricks to access. So on
some levels I think it makes sense for this to be accessible through a
property. I'm still not sure whether restricting this to a property
called Text is the best way to go, but none of the options have seemed
perfect, and I am at least comfortable with this one.

:)

btw, another example of magical user properties are unform inputs to
shaders.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504111/