[Bf-codereview] Fisheye Panorama for Cycles (issue 6111052)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:11:20 CEST 2012

Reviewers: bf-codereview_blender.org, brechtvl,

- created a new camera type (panorama)
- implemented the fisheye panorama
... and opened the room for the cylindrical panorama.

I didn't implement  cylindrical yet because I'm still thinking whether
or not we need it. It's easy to rebuild a cylindrical panorama from a
equirectangular (although you will be rendering more than you need in
the final image).

Apart from the open hooks for the cylinder panorama (and the lack of
description for the rna props), the patch should be good to go (2.64).
And in the near future we may want to have properties to set the angles
for the equirectangular too. So I'm not so sure panorama_fov is a good
name for the fisheye fov.

Anyhoo, I look forward for the review. There are probably a few things
done in a non efficient-cycles way. (fisheye_to_direction could likely
be optimized as well, I first wanted to make sure my math was correct
though).

For the UI I set 10 to 360 as soft values and 10 to 3600 as hard values.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/6111052/

Affected files:
   intern/cycles/app/cycles_xml.cpp
   intern/cycles/blender/addon/enums.py
   intern/cycles/blender/addon/properties.py
   intern/cycles/blender/blender_camera.cpp
   intern/cycles/kernel/kernel_camera.h
   intern/cycles/kernel/kernel_montecarlo.h
   intern/cycles/kernel/kernel_types.h
   intern/cycles/render/camera.cpp
   intern/cycles/render/camera.h
   release/scripts/startup/bl_ui/properties_data_camera.py
   source/blender/makesdna/DNA_camera_types.h
   source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_camera.c