[Bf-codereview] Camera tracking integration (issue 5285047)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:44:07 CEST 2011

> I'm not sure about this. That two keyframes are properties for Solve
Camera
> operator, not to both of them. Moved this buttons just to see if it's
still
> clear now.

For me it's more clear after this change, but maybe it's more a matter
of intuition, I don't really have much to back this up, in 2.49 there
were more examples of this. I just expected to have the operator first
as a 'title' and then the properties of the operator below that.

> Personally, i dislike way in which slider is getting joined to button
when using
> such kind of things. Moved button above the property and added
separator above
> the button to make it clear property belongs to only Set Scale
operator.

Ok, looks clear now.

> Yes for not deselecting when clicking just outside. It's just a bit
difficult to
> say what means "outside". If you think it should be deselected, can
think about
> way of doing it without confusing behavior of overlapped markers.

> Not sure what do you mean nothing happens for already selected marker.
If extend
> flag is set, the you'll be deselecting parts of marker
(pattern/search/anchor).
> Otherwise all areas of markers becomes selected (you can click on
partially
> selected marker).

Outside might not be the right term, it's more when you click near the
center One case were this happened to me was, press Detect Features (all
markers now selected), then RMB click near the center of one of the
markers. As far as I can see, nothing happens then?

Actually, this seems to be because of the slide marker check. When you
do a mouse press on a marker and drag, it will move all markers. This
seems strange to me but maybe I'm thinking too much about how objects
work.

Also noticed now the extend behavior is different than on objects in the
3d view. There if you click on an object that is selected but not
active, it will make it active but not deselect it. Only when clicking a
second time it will get deselected.

> It can be a bit annoying to have such kind of things. Nobody
complained about
> missing feedback for such cases. I don't have strong opinion here, if
you think
> it's really needed -- easy to add.

I was confused for a moment when I clicked this button and it did
nothing, and turned out I didn't know markers had to be selected for
this operation. The message shouldn't really get in the way in normal
workflow, because you wouldn't intentionally click the button knowing
that there is nothing selected. Not a big deal though, it's also clear
after reading the tooltip.

> Tried to explain it, but it's behavior is based on feedback from
several
> motion-tracking artists who said it's obvious how such kind of things
should
> work.

Ok, maybe it's just me :) Latest description is clear now for me.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5285047/