[Bf-codereview] Node changes from Particles Branch (issue4476050)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:08:42 CEST 2011

I've reviewed all the code now, looks good to go in if remaining issues
are fixed. I did a bunch of testing today, and found some bugs.

Texture nodes memory leak
* open node editor, change to texture nodes, click use nodes
* go to material tab in properties
* quit -> memory leak prints in console

Texture nodes preview
* open node editor, change to texture nodes, click use nodes
* go to material tab in properties -> preview ok
* switch to texture tab -> preview ok
* switch back to material tab -> preview missing texture

Curve mapping memory leak
* add vector curves node, duplicate node
* quit -> memory link prints in console

RGB/value node initialization
* add RGB node in material nodes
* color or value is 0 instead of proper default

Compo test file crash
* Open file from 2.49 test files:
http://users.telenet.be/blendix/compo_idmask_cubes.blend
* Press F12 -> crash
* File works fine in trunk, and 2.57 version of test file also works

GLSL
* connect geometry node global to output color
* GLSL compile error
* it seems node stack sockettype is wrong for the first socket

Crash when node type no longer exists
* found this in more complex case, but here is simpler way
* in node.c, comment out //register_node_type_sh_mix_rgb(ntypelist)
* open file http://users.telenet.be/blendix/removed_mix_node.blend ->
crash
* due to NodeTagChanged being called on removed node, with
node->typeinfo invalid

http://codereview.appspot.com/4476050/