[Bf-codereview] Use DerivedMesh instead of Mesh in COLLADA GeometryExporter (issue4387052)

official.address243 at googlemail.com official.address243 at googlemail.com
Thu May 5 17:58:05 CEST 2011

On 2011/05/05 15:44:34, dBugSlayer wrote:
> I saw your comment about normals not being exporter correctly. I think
> I did fix a bug on GeometryExporter::getNormals a couple weeks ago.
> Although your patch may already have that change and you could be
> running into a different issue.

> I also have code to export the tangents. It's not compete and not
> fully tested yet, but if you'd like I can share that with you later
> tonight.
Great to hear that. Tangets was always a thing I was missing.
I already tried to remove your changes to the normal export and used the
old one. It worked great. All should-be-smooth normals are smooth, and
all should-be-flat normals are flat.
But if you already fixed that, great. You could upload your changes so I
can see if it works now with complex models.

But the export is still messed up: There's a reference to colored
vertices, but the referenced source doesn't exist. Instead the UV Layer
source is written, but not referenced.
Have your tested your patch with colored vertices and/or a UV layer?

PS: Tonight I'm not available, but tomorrow would be great.

PPS: I think I wait until you uploaded your patch (including my earlier
work, using your earlier work), before I work any further, because it
would get too confusing merging everything. :)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4387052/