[Bf-codereview] GPU buffers refactor (issue4631052)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:13:04 CEST 2011

I agree we should do incremental improvement of drawing code, this kind
of refactoring is a good step in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned
this can go in after the 2.58 release is out and svn is open for changes
again.

On 2011/06/19 19:37:04, nicholasbishop wrote:
> > source/blender/gpu/intern/gpu_buffers.c:104: useVBOs =
> > (GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object ? 1 : 0);
> > shouldn't GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object be
GLEW_ARB_vertex_buffer_object?

> Not sure about this; the original code had
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, so I
> kept it the same. Don't know enough about GLEW to say if it's wrong
though.

It looks like this indeed a bug in the current code, well spotted :) GL_
is the compile time check, GLEW_ is runtime to see if the driver
supports it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4631052/