[Bf-codereview] GPU buffers refactor (issue4631052)

Jason.A.Wilkins at gmail.com Jason.A.Wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:46:51 CEST 2011

On 2011/06/19 19:00:28, psy-fi wrote:
> Better indeed, though in my opinion a bigger refactor should be done
on
> cdderivedmesh. The code should ideally setup the vbo's once (on
editmode exit)
> and the draw functions should be as simple as glVertexPointer,
gl*Pointer,
> glDrawArrays. Not 100% sure if this is possible but it would be ideal
if it is.

I would like to add that the more done to derived mesh and gpu buffers
the more likely there are to be merge conflicts with Onion.
Fortunately, for me at least, I have not done anything in these areas
except merge what Nick has already done in another branch, so if there
are conflicts at least Nick is acquainted with it enough to resolve the
problems, I hope.

I'm still not completely familiar enough with these files.  The only
thing I've done in Onion that is different from Nick's work is to write
a mask/paint color blending function that does not let the mask
disappear even if a base paint color component is 0 or 1, i.e., the mask
always has a visible effect.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4631052/