[Bf-codereview] BGE: Material replacement for texface options (issue4289041)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:07:07 CEST 2011

hello all, some update (with no patch):

the reason I put this patch on hold (for 3 months) was because it was
not so obvious that it was a clear commit (due to backcomp.) so I moved
on to priorize other projects (time has being a big constraint lately,
sorry).

Things I'm implementing (not in tracker):
- extend doversion to take care of material conflicts (material
splitting/creation) when the file was previously opened/saved with
Blender2.5xx and BGE was set as the RenderEngine
- create an entry in the Help menu to force conversion of conflicted
materials for 2.49 files or 2.5x files saved without BGE as RenderEngine

Thing I could use a hand with (and could be committed separately?)
- implement a 3rd pass to the 3dview drawing. right now we have solid
and transp. Edit mode needs a solid + transp mode though (see Brecht
notes above).
* I tried to do that, but it was really hard to get back to my original
line of thought on this after leaving for so long. After the topics
above are finished I will give it another go if anyone else.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4289041/