[Bf-blender-npr] Intersections in freestyle

Paolo Acampora palucam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 17:57:57 CET 2014

Hi, next missing feature we need so much is intersections. What I'm trying
to do is detecting intersections during the parsing of objects, when we can
inspect the shapes. I'm hacking the BlenderFileLoader::Load() function, in
BlenderFileLoader.cpp, I can do a triangle intersection test for each two
triangles and come out with point A and B of intersection segment in camera
space. Now the hard part: how can we actually draw the line? I still don't
know where freestyle handles this kind of stuff, maybe in the Controller or
the EdgeDetector. If we feel hackish, we could just create a render object
for the intersection lines, but I would not like to resort to this (and
it's not that easy either anyway).

I hope I can show some code soon, cheers!

Paolo Acampora, palucam at gmail.com
Thecnical Director at MAD entertainment, Naples (Italy)