[Bf-blender-npr] Blender Conference 2014

Wasili Novratidis v.novratidis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:50:13 CEST 2014

Dear readers,

Hereby I announce that we send in our proposal for a presentation at the
Blender Conference 2014 regarding to NPR in Blender. If this proposal
gets accepted I will be doing the presentation for it. The presentation
is about explaining what we want and why and is contained in the wiki
found here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:LightBWK.
<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:LightBWK>

*Brief summary of presentation:*
As the quest for realistic rendering goes on, there is a large subset of
the market and production companies demanding a superior
non-photorealistic (NPR) render engine. Blender, which is an integral
part in many small studios in an emerging market, is in need of an
inclusive NPR renderer to catch up with the tides. An inclusive NPR
renderer must be flexible, expandable and fast. We explain what NPR is,
the obstacles of doing NPR with current render engines, and how to
overcome those obstacles. We have come to the conclusion that to build a
render engine that can handle many styles with a fast and easy to
understand workflow, we need to break some of the old rendering
paradigms and merge ideas from traditional artistic medium. We are
currently exploring how to build such an engine and are actively calling
for the community to be involved.

If you have questions, feel free to respond.

Kind regards,

Wasili Novratidis