[Verse-dev] creating layers, links, fragments, which id to use

Eskil Steenberg eskil at obsession.se
Sat Oct 16 03:06:08 CEST 2004

Hi

> i'm currently porting my applications to verse-r4p0 (pre7).
> the pusher is mostly done.
> I happily noticed that creating nodes with 0xffffffff always works
> now. It's a simple and easy solution and should have been realized
> earlier ;-)
> however what is for links,layers or fragments, also use 0xffff as id
> to create them always? my old pusher used 0xffff counting down...

Yes, that change includes all ids Layers, buffers groups and so on.

Did you have problems with non persistent links? I had the same problem
when working with connector too, but i couldent find any thing in the
server code. it turned out that i connected links form my avatar, then
when i disconnected the node was deleted and then when i logged back in
a new avatar was created that had the same name and id as the node i set
my links. So everything works its just that you have to think about that
avatars are deleted when you log out.

Cheers