[Uni-verse] Plans for Wiki

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Tue Oct 10 11:46:49 CEST 2006

Hi Gert,

Umm... I'm getting confused. The Quel Solaar document we discussed
last week says in the heading that Quel Solaar is the High-Performance
Rendering Client, but according to our original wording the OSG
renderer should be the HPRC.

We have different types of deliverables. Some of them provide nice
add-on reading for interested users while some other are relavant only
for the Comission if the Wiki-manual is otherwise good. So I would
keep these separate, and the corresponding deliverable linked to wiki
only in special cases if we consider it usefull.

It would be good if the structure is similar in each document, but I
don't want to force that.

Regards,
	Lauri

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:

> Emil,
>
> I have some small comment about the main page:
>
> High Performance Rendering Client isn't  that OSG Renderer?
>
> Radiosity module shouldn't be a separate module in my opinions as it can
> only be used in the OSG Renderer
>
> Dynamic Mesh Generation should be Necro3D Integration or something like
> this.
> Maybe it should  be under third party as well? It has the same status as
> Blender I guess.
>
> Add Enough and VerseBridge  to the Bindings section
>

> Now over to some more general and harder :-)  questions:
>
> How should the wiki be referenced from the Uni-Verse and Verse pages?
> It's a risk that the wiki just becomes Yet Another Verse Page. which is
> separate from all other Verse home pages.
>
> How should current deliverable reports be referenced from the Wiki page?
> Or should they be considered obsolete by others than the commission?
>
> For the Simple Renderer you have used some sections (Introduction,
> Installation, Running and Limitations)
> Should we encourage all contributors to use the same section layout?
>
> Best Regards
> Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014