[Uni-verse] Audio demo situation?

Samuel Siltanen saasilta at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 17 15:33:17 CET 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, eskil at obsession.se wrote:

> Hi
>
> > >-Change the background color in to something different then black.
> >
> >A bright green background would be nice in the demo, yes?
>
> We are trying to find what is wrong. Do as i say and i might be able to tell
> you what is wrong.
>
> > >-Atempt turning on wire frame mode.
> >
> >And wireframe drawing would scare the rest of the people out of our booth.
>
> As above.

These were the first things I did actually. So what is it you wanted to
know? We have got a green background and a bunch of lines.

> > >-Try downloading www.quelsolaar.com/collada.zip , in it you will find a
> > >scene.vnf file, uplad it and have a look at it, send a screen shot to me.
> >
> >Tried, but in the beginning the camera is in such a dumb position, too near
> >to the objects, and I do not know how to go backwards in Quelsolaar. There is
> >a way to go backwards, isn't there?
>
> press "s" and send screen shot.

See the attachment.

> > >-Join #verse at freenode.net so we can talk.
> >
> >I do not have time for that.
>
> Well, if you dont have time to get help, its hard for me to help you.

I just have not found our IRC discussions very fruitful so far.

> > >-make your verse server public ( verse_server.exe
> > >-ms:ip="master.uni-verse.org:4950" -ms:de="the server i have a problem with
> > >seeing the content of" ) so that i can check the data.
> >
> >It is not about the server since the OSG renderer works perfectly with the
> >same data.
>
> If you publich your server _I_ can log in to it and test QS againts it. Use
> the networking facilities we provide.

The problem is that the machines are just temporarily connected by a
switch, and the connection to the outer world is insecure. We do not want
to take a security risk here. An other reason is that the data on our
server is constantly changing during the testing. But the model we use is
the newest "testscene" on Mattias's page.

> > >-Make sure you have light sources.
> >
> >I used the scene where there definitely were light sources, which must be
> >true for the abovementioned reason.
>
> No, OSG has default lighting and no shaders.

We do not need anything fancy. Just working software. And, by the way, the
radiosity lighting they use is far from default, it is true global
illumination.

Samuel Siltanen
saasilta at cc.hut.fi