[Uni-verse] Posters

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Thu Nov 16 10:02:34 CET 2006

Lauri Savioja wrote:
> Dear Gert,
>
> Thanks for the new version.
>
> It is true that we have two Verse servers, but doesn't it seem a bit
> overcomplicated
Why not tell the truth?
>  In the demo I'm not willing to tell the visitors why
> we need two servers instead of one.

Isn't that simple one stores the full geometry and one stores the
reduced geometry.
I think this shows the beauty of Verse, that the server is quite small
so you can run several of them!
> In any case, it is possible to
> make this work with only one server although we use two servers this
> time.

Certainly!
> Hmmm.. I'm not sure about the material database. If a visitor in the
> audio room asks to see the material database, what we should present
> him?

Give him a printout of the material tables :-) Seriously I also think
this shows the beauty of Verse that you easily can write a really simple
application that
solves a specific task. A simple application is still an application!

Best Regards
Gert