[Uni-verse] Posters

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Thu Nov 16 09:52:11 CET 2006

Dear Gert,

Thanks for the new version.

It is true that we have two Verse servers, but doesn't it seem a bit
overcomplicated. In the demo I'm not willing to tell the visitors why
we need two servers instead of one. In any case, it is possible to
make this work with only one server although we use two servers this
time.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure about the material database. If a visitor in the
audio room asks to see the material database, what we should present
him?

OK.

Regards,
	Lauri

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:

> Dear Lauri,
>
> Thanks for the comments!
>
> I agree with you that the reduction tool should be included so I made a
> new sketch which I attach.
> Sorry that the lines are a bit bent but this will be fixed...
>
> However I have kept the material database.
>
> I have considered what Ton said but I think the sky metaphor is more
> natural with a black background.
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> Lauri Savioja wrote:
> >Dear Gert,
> >
> >I discussed with Tapio, and we have one suggestion to improve the
> >third poster:
> >
> >- The acoustic geometry reduction tool is completely missing in the
> >image. It is an essential part of the system, and in our opinion
> >should be included in the figure. Instead, the material database is
> >not an application at all, and could be removed completely from the
> >illustration.
> >
> >I think, that Ton suggested that black background looks dull. Have you
> >considered this?
> >
> >Regards,
> >	Lauri
> >
> >On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Gert Svensson wrote:
> >

> >>Dear Friends,
> >>
> >>this is the first cut of the posters.
> >>The first poster is sort of finished.
> >>On the second poster I would propose to shrink the image so "the sound
> >>wave" doesn't cover the text.
> >>The third poster should demonstrate the demo set-up and only the figure
> >>is somewhat relevant.
> >>
> >>Please send your comments!
> >>
> >>Best Regards
> >>Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014