[Uni-verse] Re: Update of periodic report

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Mon Feb 27 16:18:59 CET 2006

Dear Friends,

for those of you working on the periodic report I would like to remind
you on what I wrote in my previous email:

Please NOTE that the "Staring Point" paragraph should describe the
situation at the start of
reporting period (as it is described in the First Year Periodic Report)
NOT the start of the project!

To further help on this I quote a section from Emil's text:

        WP 3.4 Testing

<>KTH

          Objectives, Starting Point

The main testing work was done during the first year of Uni-Verse, as
reported previously.  There was, however, some discussion and interest
in testing Verse on "bad" networks, so some attempts to cover this were
made as well.

          Progress towards Objectives

Further testing has been made in an attempt to measure how Verse reacts
to "bad" networks. This is described in a stand-alone report. Basically
a simple network simulation framework was implemented, that allowed
testing of Verse over a network that dropped x% of all traffic, or
delayed it. Also in this report is an update on some performance
improvements that have taken place in the core protocol.

          Deviations from Work Programme

There were no deviations during this workpackage.

          List of Deliverables

The main deliverable for this workpackage is the test report protocol
D3.4. The new report mentioned above is a new deliverable, to keep this
report shorter. It is titled XXX.

          List of Milestones

This workpackage has a single milestone M3.1 Tested implementation of
protocol, and is completed.

Best Regards
Gert