AW: AW: [Uni-verse] Deliverable 6.2

Marcus Hoffmann Marcus.Hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 30 13:27:01 CEST 2006

Hi Gert,

When we started the development we used the current version of QT for both
the server and the renderer. This was V3.34. It was possible to download a
evaluation version and an educational version of QT for free. Therefore it
was no problem to compile our code for everyone.

Unfortunately Trolltech has decided with the current Version 4 of QT, that
can be downloaded now (and only this latest version) from the Trolltech
website, to be not 100% downwards compatible to the 3.xx versions. The
version 4 of QT is currenttly available as open source as well as enterprise
evaluation version for free. Unfortunately there are no longer versions of
QT 3.xx downloadable at the Trolltech website. This was not predictable.

The current versions of the renderer and the server can currently be
compiled and run with 3.34. I will port them during september to a QT
version (4.xx) that is currently available on the Trolltech website. I'm not
completely sure how much effort this will take because I do not know exactly
what has changed and what is already running.

As soon as I have done this porting, I will provide you with the new source
and binaries. For the server I will upload a binary end of this week
compiled with QT 3.34 and, as said above, later a source and binary version
for QT4.
Sorry for that delay.

Best Regards
Marcus

Marcus Hoffmann
Dipl. Ing. for Mediatechnology
Dep. Realtime Solutions for Simulation and Visual Analytics
Fraunhofer Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung
Phone: +49 (0)6151 155 - 639
Mail: marcus.hoffmann at igd.fraunhofer.de