[Uni-verse] Members to the advisory board

torbjorn at tii.se torbjorn at tii.se
Sun Feb 6 14:33:58 CET 2005

hi

> with the idea. The reactions from Torbjorn and Lauri until now really
> worry me... we are going far beyond what is reasonable or manageable,
> and shouldn't start something presumptious we cannot realize and in the
> end will only lead to disappointment or to problems with the EU due to

i don´t understand... in Gert´s mail this was this lines
"> The members of the board shall be experts with broad experience in 3D
 > Graphics, Games, VR, Audio etc"
so i came up with a proposal with people I know are experts with a broad
experiences covering these fields, reasonable people that I know well and
have been of good help to us in all ways. i did not mean to cause any
problems or being presumptious or over ambitious .... so if it doesn´t fit
the project´s purposes just drop it, it is no big deal, it is just a
proposal. i just think they are good people that only can do the project
good. Dan Sandin thinks the project is interesting and is positive to join
an advisory board if asked.

> ---------------
> A board of advisors will be created within the framework of the
> project. The members will be representatives from companies especially
> SMEs and from the open source community with experience from designing
> products based on 3D graphics and games and communication services.
> Many of them haven’t succeeded the way they hoped for. One of the major
> reasons is that the platforms that are ready to use today do not offer
> modular and scaleable functionality. The services and products have
> limited functionality and the cost to ad functionality is immense. The
> board will give the project most valuable end-user input and advice
> about how Uni-Verse should work.

one of my proposals Derny Haggstrom from the Oryx Simulation is an SME
managing dir with a company that works with simulators based on 3D
graphics and VR and have succeded quite well. he is interested in
Uni-Verse project i know since before.

cheers

torbjorn j