[Uni-verse] Website traffic normalized

Ton Roosendaal uni-verse@blender.org
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:35:45 +0200

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, the hurricane worldwide to get Blender
downloaded is over again... all pages are nicely accessible again now.
We've urgently moved the project to install a 2nd server to the top of
priority list... that server is now installed, and work to distribute
our services has started. First purpose is to split the servers based
on functionality. Where one server will host all public webpages and
forums, and the other the 'crucial' services such as mail,
mailinglists, CVS and the projects site.

We also noticed that part of the traffic - and site load - was due to
implementing the content management system at blender3d.org (resulting
in 200 new pages with content). Not only do people stay longer on our
site browsing it, it also appeared that *so* many sites refer to
Blender now, that the PageRank system of Google puts all of our pages
within days in the top 10 of searches... so we get many referrals from
google in these days. :)

Therefore I propose to make a general Verse page on Blender3d.org soon.
Some general introduction to verse, why Blender is interested in it,
etc.
Maybe Eskil or Emil is interested to help with that?

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org