[Uni-verse] Uni-verse workshop 15th-17th of March

Gert Svensson uni-verse@blender.org
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:08:23 +0100

Torbjorn Johansson wrote:

> hey all
>
>> I attach a more elaborate agenda for the meeting starting tomorrow.
>>
>> The agenda is the result of a meeting with  Peter Becker, Eskil
>> Steenberg, Emil Brink and Peter Lunden
>> going through all the submissions
>

> the agenda looks ok. i have a couple of questions/comments:
>
> - there have been some comments and discussions on work
>   package 2 on the mailing list (attached) and a discussion on
>   high end and thin clients and clients "in-between" (attached).
>   is that something that needs more discussion/decisions?
>   if so, will that be brought up at the scheduled group discussions?

First of all I believe that FHG/IGD brings up the question on their
presentation on Monday.
I also hope that Eskil will present his view on the presentation part on
Tuesday.
After that the rendering client will be discussed in the afternoon
groups discussion.
The issue will be brought up on the PCC meeting either for decision or
further investigation.

It is still uncertain if Martin will come or not but he might come on
Wednesday
and if so present his ideas.

> - who is responsible for bringing up such discussions or proposals
>   for changes in work packages for decision/agrement/disagrement
>   and then to distribute the outcome to all the partners and wp-leaders.
>   i think it is really important to have ONE person responsible for this.
>   craig lindley brought up a similar question at the last meeting and
>   so far i can see it was not discussed at the pcc-meeting. tmaybe
>   it should be the assistant co-ordinatorīs responsibility?

To me it seems that like an specification issue. If so it is Peter's
responsibility.
But he could of course assign it to another person.

Good idea to make this clear on the PCC meting.

>   i propose that  this question should be brought up at the pcc-meeting
>   for decision
>
> - it says on page 19 Annex I Final that the PCC should make rules
>   for publications and press contacts. is that done? if not i propose
>   that question is brought up at this PCC meeting. a thing closely
>   connected to that is how we present the project. i think the PCC
>   should work out one to two basic information pages in which we
>   describe the project - vision, goal, participants, partners. etc and
>   distribute that to all involved in the project.
>
>   it should be very nice to have a short (but good) presentation video
>   of this great project.

Good idea to bring this up!

> - who is in the PCC? do we have a name list?

KTH Gert Svensson
II Peter Becker
HUT  Lauri Savioja
FHG/IGD Volker Luckas
-+ Schreck Akos
Blender Ton Roosendaal

You can send a deputy to the meeting if you are not present yourselves.

> - what about common activities outsides meeting? common dinner?
>   ....... is anything planned?

Suggestion are welcome!

Regards
Gert