[Uni-verse] High end engine

Eskil Steenberg uni-verse@blender.org
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 02:48:10 +0100

Hi

Martin Schlingmann wrote:

>Hi.
>When thinking and modeling the parts and systems needed to conduct,
>develop and integrate our genetic and evolving systems I came to the
>conclusion that we also will be developing a rendering client (or rather
>rewriting on since we have several newly written c++ opengl rendering/game
>engine clients).

I think that it is great that there looks to be more then one rendering
engine being built. I have for a long time planned to write a OpenGL 2.0
High end client, but I think it is great that others write other clients
to diversify verse. I also think that it is great that the 3 non-slim
clients looks to be fairly different in design, capabilitys and aims.
Since this wasnt planed i just hope that we all can find the time and
money to do this.

For any one who is interested in this subject i would strongly encourage
you to read the verse spec (Emil is working on a new version (Thanks
Emil!!)) and perhaps we could take some time during our meeting to
exchange ideas?