[Soc-2011-dev] weekly report 10th june oregano

Sven von Brand svbrandl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 15:49:40 CEST 2011

This is the node engine project for the BGE

this week:
We a problem were we had two possible base designs for our language, one
Object Oriented and Two Entity Oriented.

We decided for the Entity oriented aproach, as it automatically makes the
node graphs portable between objects and make importing them easier.

The Entity aproach is to have each Entity in the game labeled with thing
like ''alive'' and ''destructable'' for example and having independent
behaviour graph that give each Entity with a defined label that behaviour.

The idea is to be also able to define new labels to etities.

Next week:
There are some question that have to be answered and a formal design
document must be made to finish the language design.
This week I'll write the first draft of a document doing the above.

Greetings

Sven

Sven von Brand
Estudiante Ing. Civil Informá