[Bf-python] design philosophy [was: Memory bug in Bpy api]

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Sun Jan 22 21:31:06 CET 2006

On 22.01.2006, at 21:01, jmsoler at free.fr wrote:

> My Povanim script works with more than 400 buttons declared in an
> extern
> compiled module .

I think we were refering to some hundred buttons _simultaneously_
on the screen/in the script window. I don't know if you really have
them on screen all at once, though.

Declaring large numbers of buttons will only hurt the programmer's
brain not Blender (for values of 'large' up to 15000 ;).

One of the main design goals for my script was _not_ to have to
declare any button event. I prefer to generate the next available
number dynamically and assign this number to the desired action.
The total number of buttons in the script is unknown to me.

Works for me and my short time memory.

Thomas