[Bf-python] Memory bug in Bpy api

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Jan 18 21:25:16 CET 2006

On 18.01.2006, at 20:09, Bobby Parker wrote:

> Is this something you plan to submit for distribution with Blender?
> One of the key goals for BtoR is maintain as few dependencies as
> possible, so if this is something that's going to be bundled with
> Blender, that's one less dependency (that a user has to fetch).

I have no actual plans about including bliff in Blender.

One thing is that you have to create subclasses of the bliff
base classes to use it. For most scripts (and probably quite a
few users) this would be overkill. I don't think it's difficult
to use once you got into thinking in classes. I have updated
the docstrings of the whole package and will release an update
these days.

The core classes of bliff don't have external dependencies.
They should even work without a Python installation but I didn't
remove _my_ installation to test it ;)

You can ship the package together with your script and instruct
the user to copy it into the scripts directory if you can't extend
the search path. I have developed bliff as a base for a
Radiance exporter, so it's likely that you can use it for Blenderman
as well. Your description of "always visible buttons" and "state
changes" can easily be addressed with bliff.

If you think it's worth it you can grab a copy keep that up to
date to your needs.

Thomas