[Bf-python] EditMesh selection modes

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jan 17 17:28:27 CET 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 15:16, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> modules according to their type: general ob stuff in Object, specific
> mesh stuff in NMesh (now Mesh), etc.

that principle may be good and even win the follow-blender-structure one.

it is quite interesting now with the API OOPization if we start doing Mesh()
and getting objects not using the modules (no Mesh.Get() anymore?) but via
blender objects etc

perhaps modules such as Mesh could still have that role like you said.

an attempt to clarify: (basically just restating what Willian said there)

if the future ways to have a mesh object are something like this:
newmesh = Blender.Mesh()
existingmesh = Blencer.cur_scene.objects['mymesh']

there is no need for Blender.Mesh module, just a type (class).

but as there are all these global things like those select modes, that only
apply to e.g. mesh editing, but are not tied to a certain Mesh object nor
meshdata, the module Blender.Mesh etc. might still be useful as a way to
structure the codebase. dunno

> PS: Anyway, whatever the decision is for now, like everything else this
> can be changed for the reworked API, of course.

yup so i guess as the functionality is critically needed it can be left in cvs
as is.

> Willian

~Toni