[Bf-python] EditMesh selection modes

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jan 17 16:33:56 CET 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 09:20, Tom M wrote:
> We should really have a way of setting mesh selection modes for this
> release - it is simple to add, we just need an agreed interface and
> where it should go.

in Blender itself it is a property of Scene, not Window, and certainly not
Mesh.

> Window.SetEditMeshMode('vert')
> Window.SetEditMeshMode(['vert', 'edge', 'face'])

i propose removing Mesh.Modes() and adding three booleans to Scene objects:
scene.selectVertex
scene.selectEdge
scene.selectFace
(those names are what Joseph suggested, i would prefer something else but
dunno what)

this is similar to the GUI, where they are 3 independent toggle buttons. they
are showed in the 3d view, but are not specific to any Window, but a setting
that affects the scene globally. for example, if we one day have some
alternative view for mesh editing, the modes are in effect there for the
given scene, not only in the 3d window where the buttons were pressed. oh and
now if you have many 3d views the buttons affect the mode in all, as the
modes are properties of the scene.

was first thinking that a list of scene.selectmodes with constants VERTSELECT,
EDGESELECT and FACESELECT as possible members would be good, dunno, but
perhaps those separate booleans would be better?

> LetterRip

~Toni