[Bf-python] Re: Fixing NMesh.getVertexInfluences

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue Jan 17 07:07:55 CET 2006

Tron Thomas wrote:
> I still don't understand what IT is.  What exactly is supposed to work
> in version 2.37 that can allow correct behavior to be observed?
> Also, I submitted my patch.  When will I know whether it was accepted?
> I'm subscribed to the CVS mailing list.  I'm not sure if check in for
> patches are sent to that list or not.  Assuming the patch is accepted,
> how will I know when it is in the branch?

Tron:

Just checked your report but there is no patch attached:

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3748&group_id=9&atid=127

If the patch is accepted there will be a mail sent to you when the
status changes on the patch tracker.

The "It" we're looking for is an example to demonstrate what
getVertexInfluences() in 2.37a does.  I don't use armatures, so I don't
know what the "correct" behavior was and can't judge when a fix works.
It will also be quicker than me trying to learn the armature system just
to make a test file.  We just want a .blend with an armature/bone and a
mesh, and a script which calls getVertexInfluences() so we can see what
it does.

Ken