[Bf-python] bvh2arm.py script update for 2.41

PERIN Jean-Baptiste jb_perin at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 16 23:20:52 CET 2006

Hi Germano,

I've just solved the first issue I was talking about
and I also improved error handling (display clearer
message box).

the new release is here:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/BVH2ARM_v242.zip

I started writing a small tut that you can find here :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/BVH2ARM/doc/bvh2arm.html

> We have at least one, maybe two more days to commit
> script updates for
> 2.41, so if you update the script please inform us
> about it.

> Thanks for your support updating the script so
> quickly for Joseph's new
> armature / bone / poses API.

It's my pleasure ..

By the way .. I have one or two scripts that I plan to
propose for inclusion into futur Blender Release .. (I
presume it is too late for 2.41 release)
I wonder which one I must "solidify" first

- a Midi importer (useful to synch blender anim to
musical events)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/midi_importer_v08.zip
with its online documentation
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/midi_importer/doc/midi_importer.html

- a C3D importer (like BVH but with several
characters)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/c3d_import_v06.zip
with its online documentation
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/midi_importer/doc/midi_importer.html

- A Depth Of Field  effect creator (based on drunk cam
method)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/QuickDOF_v06.zip
with its online documentation:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/QuickDOF/doc/QuickDOF.html

- A MDL importer (3D format of NeverWinterNight)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/mdl_import_v12.zip
there's no documentation yet .. but I can promise it
is a very mature script .. I'm very confident in it ..
(I've used it intensively).
it handles meshes, uv-mapping, textures and
animations.

I also have a WAV importer which create and animate
empties according to sound spectral analysis (fft),
but this one really need to be refreshed. I can't
decently give a link to it ..

Tell me which one(s) has the more chance to be
included into Blender next release .. and I'll focus
my attention on it (them).

Regards ..

Jean-Baptiste ..

My Blender Site : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/