[Bf-python] New bundled scripts managers

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jan 16 08:09:03 CET 2006

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (cross-posting to Scripts Dev and BPython mailing lists)
>
> Tom Musgrove (LetterRip) and Campbell Barton (cambo, ideasman)
> recently got cvs write access to Blender and, since they are very
> active coders and supporters of BPython (scripts and API), both were
> invited to join me managing the bundled scripts in Blender.
>
> So now there are three developers officially taking care of bundled
> scripts. In practice this means testing and committing updates,
> deciding about additions, preparing guidelines, talking to script
> authors, etc.
>
> Surely a needed upgrade, welcome guys :)
>
> --
> Willian

Hay All,
been developing the OBJ i/o scripts to a fairly high level of
compatibility. - By testing with a large number of sample files.
have had a look at the Wings and XSI i/o and there are some fairly
simple optimizations/fixes Id like to do however there needs to be
example files around to  the changes dont breakl anything.

Can  we have a repositry for example files, I have collected OBJ 3DS and
LWO files and can add them in...
Could we set up such a repositry and - how big can it be. (Currently
have a few 100meg of test files, though could cull the largest to make
it 50meg or so)

Also, could anybody interested in Import/export development havea look
at this page,
It sets out standards that importers/expoters adhere to, before being
accepted in the blender bundel.
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/ScriptDev

- Cam

--