[Bf-python] Fixing NMesh.getVertexInfluences

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 02:32:39 CET 2006

I checked the function again and there is also this code which I
probably added as well (Note the first three lines existed previously
and are included for context):

	/* Proceed only if we have vertex deformation information and index
is valid */
	if( me->dvert ) {
		if( ( index >= 0 ) && ( index < me->totvert ) ) {

			Object *object = ( ( BPy_NMesh * ) self )->object;
			if( !object )
				return EXPP_ReturnPyObjError( PyExc_RuntimeError,
							"This mesh must be linked to an object" );

The code I added seems to work.  I have been able to use it to export
animations that look very similar to what Blender produces.  The only
thing is that the weighting of the influences were not normalized.
This wasn't surprising as I found the same situation when I was
working with influences in version 2.37.  I suspect that this code
can be used as a fix or as part of a fix for the bug.

I performed a cvs diff on NMesh.c and redirected the output to a file
named patch.txt.  Where do I go to submit patches and what exactly
should I do to submit?