[Bf-python] bvh2arm.py script update for 2.41

PERIN Jean-Baptiste jb_perin at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 23:37:08 CET 2006

Hi Willian Padovani Germano,

I've just finished making a bvh2arm.py version for
2.41 release

This version creates a parented armature upon a heap
of empties .. and makes the armature follow the
empties .
It is possible de reuse an armature for other
bvh_import (in order to avoid redoing vertex
assignment). If the armature already exists when
bvh2arm is called then a new action is created for the
armature.

There's two issues (i'm currently fighting against) :
- when the user changes the rotation of empties after
bvh_import and before calling bvh2arm
- Hips rotation over time is applied to armature
instead of hip bone in armature (it's not really an
issue for pure Blender usage .. but some games
developpers urge me to change it)

I hope I can solve them before 2.41 release ..
otherwise, please consider this version of bvh2arm as
the one to include into next Blender Release :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/Archive/BVH2ARM_v241.zip

I tested it with a build made by jms from CVS of
eleventh of january (the one with the new Pose module
from Joseph Gilbert) :
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/index.php3?zoo=com

Jean-Baptiste PERIN

My Blender Site : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jb.perin/