[Bf-python] import scripts and sizing issue

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Jan 13 16:03:18 CET 2006

Tom M wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> That sounds a bit impracticle, what if you're going to
>> import different files that were all to scale, it's
>> going to be messed up after import.
>>

> Hmmm good point, I guess maybe an option to 'autoscale to fit' in the
> import dialog would be most practical.  If it is defaulted to true,
> then we can avoid the questions about the importer failing but still
> allow those who need a specific scale to do so...
>
> LetterRip

Why not have a scale input from PupBlock. You could have a basic bounds
as an option if you wanted.
- Button (Scale to 1:1) - Tooltip. "Decimat Scale Util Object fits in a
1x1x1 cube."
.... So scaling by lots of 10 would not give annoying arbitary scale.
Could also have a bound box size, rather then just using 1x1x1.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street