[Bf-python] Getting armature hierarchy

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Fri Jan 13 06:54:35 CET 2006

I've been keeping up to date with the Python API changes that have been
taking place in Blender.  And it looks like most of the stuff needed to
exported skeletal animation is available.  A while back I posted about
the need to get the hierarchical relation of all the bones in the armature.

It seemed that this would be accomplished by calling the getChildren
method on a bone and that method would return only the immediate
children of the bone.  Another method named getAllChildren was supposed
to provide all bones depended from the specified bone.  So far it looks
like getChildren is still returning all descendants, and the purposed
getAllChildren method doesn't exist in the API's.

I'm wondering if this got over looked in all the development that has
been happening and what is going to happen.