[Bf-python] Thought about IRC meeting and beyond

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 10 18:40:14 CET 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 03:31:08PM +0000, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

> PS: it was agreed yesterday that we should use the wiki for our new api
> discussions. Personally I think it's better (faster, cleaner) to use
> this list for the chatting stages, like this reply, but ok, wiki pages
> are better to organize all discussions and conclusions.

Email is certainly a quick and easy environment for discussion.
The main drawback is that as threads go on, they become jumbled
together and it becomes increasingly hard to summarize the discussion.

I have no doubt we will continue to use it for initial discussion
simply for the convenience. ( And because we are a herd of cats! )

I would, however, like to see summaries end up on the wiki where they
can serve as living documents and a record of discussion.

> Stephen: please explain to us your idea about this project's wiki
> "layout": where we discuss (single page, per topic), etc.

> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BPy_API_Cleanup_-_2006

The initial page can serve as a starting poiint for discussing topics,
the "make a plan" phase.  If the topics grow too long, we can factor
them out into separate pages.

For our Design doc/API doc, we originally talked about creating a
new api2_4 dir.  My original plan was to edit the epydoc files there
to serve as both design and doc for the updated api.

Since we are not doing that, I will create a wiki page instead that
we can use for the "write down the plan" step.  As I see it, the page
will have a link for each module where we can lay out attribute names
and types, constants, etc.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net