[Bf-python] API overhaul - irc meeting?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Jan 7 07:33:39 CET 2006

Maybe add two more topics to consider:

* As we go through the process, building some "formal" coding standards
(can't think of the correct term) which describes how things should be
done: how attribute and method names should be determined, what type of
data should be returned (when should a tuple be returned instead of a
list, when None should and shouldn't be returned, etc), where should
constants be used and where should they be places in the module scheme
(Blender.Object.LOCROT vs Blender.Object.IpoKey.LOCROT) and answers to
all the other questions I asked when I started developing code.

* Developing a simpler scripting module or interface.  The other day
some IRCer were complaining they didn't want to learn python just to
access Blender functions; they would like to be able to script something
like:
   obj1 = addPlane()
   obj2 = addCube()
   join(obj1,obj2)
   obj1.col(1.0,0.0,0.0)
Seems like we could come up with a simple interface to many of the
Blender operations and put them into one module (BlenderUI or something)
and then they could just "from Blender.BlenderUI import *") and be on
their way.

Ken