[Bf-python] embedding timecode

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:25:39 CEST 2005

> Hi All,
>
> I am searching for an easy method to embed the timecode into each frame.
> For an example I would like to print to the screen
>
>   01:32.23
>
> At minute 01, second 32 and frame 23 in that second. Can anybody help me
> or give me a hint?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jochen
> --

There is already a sequence plugin that prints out the Frame #:
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/plugins/sequence/framestamp/index.html

Timestamp probably doesn't mean a heck of a lot for a non real time
application.  (nothing that says you couldn't add it though in the
sequence plugin very easily.)

I did look into adding it as a dynamic 3d text object.
Was thinking   %curframe% %time%   and had some other things but
the way 3d text is handled currently the Mesh only gets created when you
modify the text so you'd have to change things around a bit,
and the sequence plugin does everything I needed so I abandoned it.

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein