[Bf-python] Click Catching.. Was OpenGL transp...

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Mar 15 01:14:28 CET 2005

Campbell Barton wrote:

> Joeedh
> There was one glitch in the MH interface
> The 3d view still recieves the key click (therefor placing the cursor)
> Mabe there needs to be a Window function that can disable the 3D
> window from recieving mouse clicks, this would make interface
> interaction not interfear with the 3D view.
>
> - Cam

Oh, ton would hate that.  That would definately be bad.

But I pulled up my Bluewater GUI code, and my Image UI control, and I've
discovered that my video card can handle three pixmaps at good speed,
but after that slows considerably.  I did a lot of tests, and the speed
problem is purely OpenGL.

A solution would be to have each image have an associated text file,
maybe image.jpg would have image.jpg.txt, which would contain a written
description of that image.  then MakeHuman could operate in text mode.

Also, some parts of the GUI that are currently image-based could be done
by simpler OpenGL commands.

Oh, and I tried to get Bluewater working in the 3D view (it would've
been a lot better then what he's using right now) but alas, I could
not.  There just isn't any easy way to preserve the global dictionary. .
. :(

joeedh

joeedh

joeedh