[Bf-funboard] Is there a mesh "strain" modifier?

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Wed Nov 14 21:31:14 CET 2012

Not sure what to call this, but on a few occasions I've wanted to do
something akin to pulling the end of a fishing rod with my mesh.

For example, starting with a single edge, subdivide 10x. If I now grab
an end vertex, only it moves. What I want would be that the movement was
distributed along the edges, so that the far end didn't move, and those
in the middle move proportionately, producing a curve.

Of course in the actual model examples, the mesh is normally more
complicated than this! For example, a railway platform that I have
extruded straight and now want to bend to match the path of the rails.

Is this something that can be done already?

Regards
Ruth

--
Software Manager&   Engineer