[Bf-funboard] NDOF wishes

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed Aug 29 15:55:36 CEST 2007

Ok, now I have tried out even more stuff with the SpaceNavigator.

First of all, I still think a real translation instead of a zoom would be
helpful in turntable mode. Is this possible anyway? I think it might be hard,
since the pivot point of the turntable would have to move, I guess.

So my bugs/wishes are:

1. Make Fly mode and Turntable have the same sensitivity. Here it seems, that
fly mode is less sensitive

2. Fly mode and Turntable have different interpretation of the axes.
Noticeable for up/down movement.

3. On always has to switch through Transform mode. Since the device is very
sensitive, it is hard NOT to transform something while cycling through.

4. Transform mode seems partially broken. Moving an object along the
SpaceNavi's Z-axis does not seem to work. The object always moves farther
away.

Thanks for the great work so far,

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899