[Bf-funboard] Button Panels

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:51:12 +0200

Hi,

I certainly want a smart 'glueing' or grid (or table) system to assist
configuring a lay-out. Once you're satisfied with a layout, it
shouldn't bother you anymore.

Configuration overkill is not what we need!

I think all your concerns below are mine too... the design doc gives
some directions for the coding work, but not all answers yet.

At first I also thought of defining a fixed width/height of panels, to
allow maximum freedom for any window aspect ratio. Going over all our
buttons, I'm afraid that restriction will force again UI design into
ugly solutions, where panels break up in two, or have lots of emtpy
space.

Maybe it's time to get a quick prototype for it out, then people can
play with it.

BTW: You can also help by giving solutions, and not so many questions!
If you've got time, make some mockups or drawings for how you think we
can work best.

-Ton-