merge/weld and osa Re: [Bf-funboard] Reorganising the EditButtons

Kent Mein bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:16:21 -0500

> > Personally I feel "merge" is a much more easy to understand and obvious
> description
> > than either "weld" or "Rem Doubles".
> I guess my vote goes for "merge" then.

Can we please take a break from the discussion about what to call what???
There is a lot more important stuff going on.  I'm not saying we
can't talk about it, it doesn't make sense to have an argument about it
right now.

Weld is better because X uses it, I like merge, I like stuff these
stupid things together!!! ;)
The names are trivial fixes in the code that are just window dressing.

I think we can all agree that they should be descriptive and make sense to
new users as well as old, if a lot of programs are using a given name
thats probably a good one to use.  Maybe someone should make a table
of all of the button/action names in the top X 3d apps and go from there.

Right now thought the labels on the buttons don't really matter.
Wait until the interface is done.  Who knows maybe the new interface will
completely do away wit the stuff these stupid things together button. ;)

I think it makes sense to keep things the same for now and get the layout/
process of pressing a button etc.. working first.  It will also make
learning the new interface for old users easier to deal with.
Finally, it will make the people working on the books life easier as
Ton mentioned.  Lets keep the focus on the task at hand.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein