[Bf-education] Blender university program?

-jb- jbayonne at gmail.com
Fri May 12 21:15:19 CEST 2023

👋🏽
Would be fantastic to connect with a trainer via remote (&/or local; Davie,
FL 33328)

unique situation - trainee is total  beginner, seriously disabled Veteran,

please reply to me with additional thoughts or referrals

thanks,
james

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 2:55 PM Travis <travis at icraft.io> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> I'm a private tutor currently but have worked in the past with schools in
> Canada, but I feel it's best backed with information.
>
> Blender has the initial benefit over competitors as it's loaded with free
> and accessible information in droves online.
>
> I should empathize that Blender is definitely a Plugin-Driven software.
> The vanilla features are good for a start/introduction, but as I teach I
> need to drill in that it's really not an option to stick to pure vanilla
> workflows forever. I find it very helpful to drip feed plugins as they are
> needed.
> Particularly starting with Blenderkit as providing a beginner with an
> asset library gets them past a very frustrating barrier and reinforces the
> mindset that you don't need to model everything.
>
> Also I slowly introduce plugins in sets; HardOps/Boxcutter + Fluent, PBR
> Bridge + UV Packmaster + UV Squares + Node Wrangler(included),
> HumanGen+Simply Cloth, Flip Fluids + RBD Lab, etc
>
> Feel free to reach out if you have any particular questions, I'd love to
> chime in.
>
> Cheers,
>
> *Travis Szabo*
> 3D & VFX Trainer/Tutor @ SuperProf
> E: travis at icraft.io
>

> ---- On Fri, 12 May 2023 13:31:46 -0400 *Direccion Animación Simon
> Gerbaud <dir.anim at escine.mx <dir.anim at escine.mx>>* wrote ---
>
> Dear Blender community,
>
> my name is Simon Gerbaud and I'm the director of the bachelor's degree in
> film Animation at ESCINE school in Mexico: https://escine.mx
> Escine is a school of Cinema, Photography and Animation.
>
> We follow the evolution of Blender with interest and several of our
> teachers are already teaching this software to our students. We would like
> to strengthen its learning in our institution because it is a powerful
> tool, also because it is the result of a community that forges its own tool
> and that makes sense to us.
>
> Have you ever worked in alliance with a school? Is there a way to connect
> with the Blender community from the academic realm?
>
> I hope that the question of education will interest you and that we can
> establish a dialogue.
>
> Best regards,
> *Simon Gerbaud *
> Director de la Licenciatura en Animación Cinematográfica | Escuela
> Superior de Cine
>
> ¡Síguenos en nuestras redes!
> <https://www.facebook.com/escinemx/>
> <https://twitter.com/ESCINE_mx>
> <https://www.instagram.com/escine_mx/>
> <http://www.escine.mx/>

be well,
james

…hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out elements
of our mental health core, our creativity, courage, & strength...

*LEGAL DISCLAIMER*. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are
strictly confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who
is not a named recipient. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender by replying to this email inserting the word
"misdirected" as the message and delete this e-mail from your system.