[Bf-education] Blender university program?

Travis travis at icraft.io
Fri May 12 20:54:12 CEST 2023

Hello Simon,

I'm a private tutor currently but have worked in the past with schools in Canada, but I feel it's best backed with information.

Blender has the initial benefit over competitors as it's loaded with free and accessible information in droves online.

I should empathize that Blender is definitely a Plugin-Driven software. The vanilla features are good for a start/introduction, but as I teach I need to drill in that it's really not an option to stick to pure vanilla workflows forever. I find it very helpful to drip feed plugins as they are needed.

Particularly starting with Blenderkit as providing a beginner with an asset library gets them past a very frustrating barrier and reinforces the mindset that you don't need to model everything.

Also I slowly introduce plugins in sets; HardOps/Boxcutter + Fluent, PBR Bridge + UV Packmaster + UV Squares + Node Wrangler(included), HumanGen+Simply Cloth, Flip Fluids + RBD Lab, etc

Feel free to reach out if you have any particular questions, I'd love to chime in.

Cheers,

Travis Szabo

3D & VFX Trainer/Tutor @ SuperProf

E: mailto:travis at icraft.io

---- On Fri, 12 May 2023 13:31:46 -0400 Direccion Animación Simon Gerbaud <dir.anim at escine.mx> wrote ---

Dear Blender community,

my name is Simon Gerbaud and I'm the director of the bachelor's degree in film Animation at ESCINE school in Mexico: https://escine.mx
Escine is a school of Cinema, Photography and Animation.

We follow the evolution of Blender with interest and several of our teachers are already teaching this software to our students. We would like to strengthen its learning in our institution because it is a powerful tool, also because it is the result of a community that forges its own tool and that makes sense to us.

Have you ever worked in alliance with a school? Is there a way to connect with the Blender community from the academic realm?

I hope that the question of education will interest you and that we can establish a dialogue.

Best regards,
Simon Gerbaud
Director de la Licenciatura en Animación Cinematográfica | Escuela Superior de Cine

¡Síguenos en nuestras redes!

https://www.facebook.com/escinemx/

https://twitter.com/ESCINE_mx

https://www.instagram.com/escine_mx/