[Bf-education] 10 years of 3Dami

Peter Kemp peterejkemp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 23:44:54 CEST 2022

 Dear All,

10 years ago, Tom Haines and I set up 3Dami, an organisation aimed at
giving pre-university students their first taste of 3D animation. In the
summer of 2012, using Blender, borrowing CAD computers from a local school
and office space from an educational charity, we hosted our first 3Dami
studio for 12 kids in London. Over 7 days they worked together to build
every part of a 3D animated film. We believe this was one of largest
Blender 'studios' in the world at the time(!)

Since then we're run 32 entirely free film studios making 32 short animated
films, we've seen dozens of our students join the best firms in the
industry, and we are welcoming our new cohort next week.

Over the last few months we've been running a competition to find the best
3Dami film of all time. They're a little rough around the edges as they are
made by school children in 7 days from scratch, but you might be interested
to see the best of what our students have achieved:

https://twitter.com/3Dami/status/1550470276923723777

Kind regards
Pete