[Bf-education] Certification update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Feb 3 14:51:23 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

After an initial enthusiasm, the energy seems to flow away.
Nevertheless, I cannot express enough how important the training topic
is.
Probably we need either a strong lead here (someone with a lot of time
too), or just wait for the first messages to reach us that people are
making good bucks with training!

Books update; we are now going to a design phase of the "Blender
Basics" book. It's going to be about 400 pages, covering all new
features in Blender as well. The book is especially targeted at serious
3d artists - professionals - who like to learn Blender. We also expect
it to be a very good migration guide.

Giving this book to students as part of a course could work very well;
so as a part of the certification program I can also introduce
interesting book discounts?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org