[Bf-education] blender book vs. tutorials

...::: fereshteh :::... ftoosi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:53:27 CET 2007

Hi there,

This semester I am working with one student in an independent study,
though I have not used Blender before myself so we are exploring new
territory together.

The student has ordered the Blender book from Blender.org, but since
we are in the USA it has not arrived yet. I wonder if the update is
coming soon and  if there are still copies of the older version even
available? I tried to order one for myself from O'Reilly, but they had
none in stock.

In the meantime, we've had to move on and I have asked him to follow
the tutorials in the wiki. Do you think this is the best route for
now? The Blender.org links seemed to lead in various directions and I
could not tell which was the most up-to-date.

Thanks and look forward to taking advantage of this program!
I would also love to see that chapter in English when you have it ready.

Fereshteh