[Bf-docboard] Original (higher quality) manual images available

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Fri Feb 19 17:55:15 CET 2016

Hi everybody,

On big image files - huge repository

70% of the images are screenshot of the UI.
I've started a attempt to solve this problem once and for all
by copying the Blender UI to HTML + CSS + SVG.
This is done by parsing an XML file with JS to HTML.
The generated html fragments can then be used as a replacement for the
images.
The icons are the original Blender svg-icons.

The biggest problem is the 3D shading Blender does,
but I found work arounds.

https://github.com/tobiasHeinke/BlenderWebUI

The Fun start with the preserved interactivity:
CSS hover or with JS script:
Show tooltips, dynamically highlight regions, functional widgets...
User can select Blender theme: change CSS file,
OS specific key map

This interface could also be used by the blend4web project.
Or does it even already exists somewhere out there on the interweb?

Greetings
Tobias