[Bf-docboard] "Official" way to report documentation "bugs"?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 06:47:35 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:26 PM, gandalf3 <zzyxpaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, thanks!
> Looks like everyone is way ahead of me ;)
>
> I think I might have asked this before, but is there an accepted
> procedure to making changes? Like:
>
> 1. Create task (with description like "update screenshots and out of
> date info")
> 2. Assign to self
> 3. Make changes (is there a preferred max amount of time for this to
> take? e.g. to encourage smaller patches?)
> 4. Upload patch
>
> Or do I have this all wrong?

You've got it right

Just to avoid confusion though.

- creating a task is optional, if you're going to work on the change
its not necessarily needed.
- assigning to self fine but you can just report too of course (for
someone else to work on).
- some areas are known to need quite a lot of work, so having many
tasks open for those areas isn't always so helpful (if it needs a
rewrite for example).